Saturday, October 9, 2010

Wednesday is the Day - IF NOT BEFORE!

We have posted a few updates/announcements on the blog that we are expecting and due in October. Well - October is here - and it is the FINAL COUNTDOWN! And the last few weeks have been filled with LOTS of nesting... from many projects getting finished around our house, cleaning and organizing like nobody's business and then getting all of the "baby stuff" out again.
(which brings back lots of memories with Gavin... and now, let's do it all over again).

Since I had a C-section with Gavin - I have another C-section scheduled for this Wednesday, Oct. 13th... and we did think we were having this baby last night (Friday). I definitely was having contractions - but they were false labor (which I always find interesting... like you are suppose to know this because at the end of the day - it hurts, you're uncomfortable and the only thing I could think about was.... we need to find someone to watch Gavin if we go in the middle of the night (which we clearly have several outstanding friends who we know we could count on). Even though I have had one child already - I really don't think anything can prepare you for having another. Sure - you are more confident not as amateur, but the reality is - you never know how "having this baby" is really going to go down (no control... which is a little hard for me) AND will we really be able to handle another little person? Of course I know we will - but there is lots of emotion indeed.

We are very excited - anxious - but most of all can't wait to meet this new little guy (and we can't wait to share his name - as we did agree several weeks ago). Our family is arriving soon and we can't wait for many of you to meet him. I can't wait to see him soon - his little eyes open and my heart melt... we have so much love waiting for you. And as Gavin would say - "I'm going to be a big brother!"

Welcome THE GILLARD GANG to the blog world.....

1 comment:

  1. Excellent execution on the blog transition. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete